Banana bread with a twist! The Tony’s Chocolonely chocolate bars have the ideal shape cubes for this banana bread. That’s how you have small and large pieces in your baking.
Preparation time: 1 hour (10 minutes preparation, 50 minutes of baking)
– 4 very ripe bananas
– 150 g sugar
– 2 eggs
– 125 g butter
– 250 g self-rising baking flour
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 5 tsp milk
– 2 tsp vanilla extract
– 120 g Tony Chocolonely (Milk Hazelnut)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Coat the cake shape with baking paper.
2. Cut the chocolate into small pieces. Peel the bananas. Cut 1 banana over the length and keep it for decoration.
3. Mix the baking flour, baking soda and baking powder. Melt the butter in a pan. Allow the butter to cool down.
4. Mash the bananas in a large bowl. Add the eggs, melted butter, vanilla extract and milk to the mashed bananas. Mix it to 1 whole.
5. Add the self-rising baking flour and mix well with a mixer or whisk. Spatula the chocolate through the mixture.
6. Pour the batter into the cake shape. Place the 2 half bananas on top of the batter in the cake shape.
7. Bake for about 50 minutes. Test if the cake is cooked by pricking in the cake with a prick. When the prick comes out of the cake clean, it’s cooked. Allow the banana bread to cool down sufficiently before cutting it into slices.